In this post, I am going to reveal how the Kesha trojan injected right into your system, and also the best way to clear away Kesha trojan virus.
What is Kesha trojan?
|Similar behavior||Discper, FBStealer, Genkrypet, Sminager, Neoreklami, Acbot|
See If Your System Has Been Affected by Kesha trojan
Trojan viruses are one of the leading malware types by its injection rate for quite a long period of time. And now, throughout the pandemic, when malware got enormously active, trojan viruses enhanced their activity, too. You can see a number of messages on various resources, where users are whining concerning the Kesha trojan virus in their computers, and requesting assistance with Kesha trojan virus elimination.
Trojan Kesha is a type of virus that injects right into your system, and then performs various destructive features. These functions depend on a type of Kesha trojan: it might serve as a downloader for many other malware or as a launcher for another destructive program which is downloaded together with the Kesha trojan. Over the last 2 years, trojans are additionally delivered with e-mail add-ons, and in the majority of cases used for phishing or ransomware infiltration.
Kesha2 also known as
|Elastic||malicious (high confidence)|
|ESET-NOD32||a variant of Win32/Injector.Autoit.DBE|
|Sophos||Generic ML PUA (PUA)|
|MAX||malware (ai score=89)|
What are the symptoms of Kesha trojan?
- SetUnhandledExceptionFilter detected (possible anti-debug);
- Executed a command line with /C or /R argument to terminate command shell on completion which can be used to hide execution;
- Yara rule detections observed from a process memory dump/dropped files/CAPE;
- Possible date expiration check, exits too soon after checking local time;
- Dynamic (imported) function loading detected;
- Performs HTTP requests potentially not found in PCAP.;
- Enumerates running processes;
- Expresses interest in specific running processes;
- Repeatedly searches for a not-found process, may want to run with startbrowser=1 option;
- Drops a binary and executes it;
- The binary contains an unknown PE section name indicative of packing;
- The binary likely contains encrypted or compressed data.;
- The executable is compressed using UPX;
- Authenticode signature is invalid;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Uses Windows utilities for basic functionality;
- Attempts to remove evidence of file being downloaded from the Internet;
- Installs itself for autorun at Windows startup;
- Checks the CPU name from registry, possibly for anti-virtualization;
- Attempts to modify proxy settings;
- Creates a copy of itself;
- Attempts to disable or modify Explorer Folder Options;
- Harvests cookies for information gathering;
- Attempts to modify Explorer settings to prevent hidden files from being displayed;
- Uses suspicious command line tools or Windows utilities;
The common indicator of the Kesha trojan virus is a gradual appearance of different malware – adware, browser hijackers, and so on. Due to the activity of these malicious programs, your personal computer becomes really lagging: malware utilizes substantial amounts of RAM and CPU abilities.
Another visible effect of the Kesha trojan virus presence is unknown programs showed in task manager. Frequently, these processes might try to mimic system processes, however, you can recognize that they are not legit by taking a look at the genesis of these tasks. Quasi system applications and Kesha trojan’s processes are always detailed as a user’s programs, not as a system’s.
How to remove Kesha trojan virus?
- Download and install Loaris Trojan Remover.
- Open Loaris and perform a “Standard scan“.
- “Move to quarantine” all items.
- Open “Tools” tab – Press “Reset Browser Settings“.
- Approve the reset pressing “Yes” button in the appeared window.
- Restart your computer.
To get rid of Kesha trojan and be sure that all satellite malware, downloaded with the help of this trojan, will certainly be wiped out, too, I’d suggest you to use Loaris Trojan Remover.
Kesha removal guide
To detect and delete all malware on your PC using Loaris Trojan Remover, it’s better to make use of Standard or Full scan. Removable scan, as well as Custom, will check only specified locations, so such scans cannot provide the full information.
You can spectate the detects during the scan process goes. However, to execute any actions against spotted malicious programs, you need to wait until the process is finished, or to interrupt the scanning process.
To designate the specific action for each detected malicious programs, choose the arrow in front of the name of detected malicious programs. By default, all malicious programs will be moved to quarantine.
How to remove Kesha Trojan?
Description: Trojan Kesha is a kind of virus that infiltrates into your computer, and after that performs different destructive functions. These features depend upon a type of Kesha trojan: it can act as a downloader for many other malware or as a launcher for another destructive program which is downloaded in addition to the Kesha trojan. During the last two years, trojans are also dispersed via e-mail attachments, and most of situations utilized for phishing or ransomware infiltration.
Operating System: Windows
Application Category: Trojan
User Review( votes)
- What is Trojan Horse: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_horse_(computing)
- Kesha VirusTotal Report: https://www.virustotal.com/api/v3/files/c6b39ed8e0fb09d5e75907edf687e52058637e5566285a1a98a6de29dd1d0b24